We provide a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of persons with developmental disabilities. Services may include, but are not limited to: habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensorimotor development. Services are designed to assist clients in acquiring, retaining and improving the self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings. The services include the provision of training in independent living skills or special developmental skills, orientation and mobility training, sensorimotor development, and behavioral management.
Habilitation Support provides a variety of interventions designed to assist the individual in acquiring knowledge and skills and be a valued member of his / her own community based on his / her own choices. This service also provides training to improve self-help, socialization and adaptive skills that enable the individual to reside and participate successfully with their own family and in their own community.
Training and Assistance can include the following:
- Any skills related to personal and physical needs and routine daily living skills,
- Implementing strategies to address behavioral concerns,
- Providing follow up as requested by a primary care physician or medical specialist,
- Implementing therapeutic recommendations (speech, occupational, physical therapy),
- Assisting clients in following special diets, exercise routines,
- Mobility training or adaptive communication Training, and
- Opportunities for teaching or practicing basic client skills (i.e. shopping, banking, using community resources, community survival skills).
As part of the Individual Support Plan process, individualized, time-limited training objectives are created that will help the client achieve his/her long-term vision. Strategies for meeting these objectives are then developed and a schedule for implementation created. Daily data is kept to measure of the progress toward these objectives on a Habilitation Data Sheet. Changes are made as needed based upon the presence or absence of measurable progress.